Release 21 Available 12 October 2016
The third major release for 2016 implements a number of Research Vocabularies Australia and ANDS DOI Services enhancments.
Highlights of R21 include:
DOI Service (Cite My Data)
- Enhancement to DOI service architecture and design
- The DOI service API has been refactored to incorporate new functionality and to provide a better platform for future enhancements. The service endpoint URLs for the updated API are new but replicate the existing endpoints.
- While the existing endpoints will continue to work, ANDS wishes to decommission these in 2017. Our clients are recommended to move to the new endpoint URLs as soon as feasible.
- Implementation of support for DataCite Schema v4.0
- The manual minting interface will be updated to support the new version.
- The DOI machine-to-machine service will also be updated to support v4.0.
- Implementation of a facility to do bulk update of DOIs
- Bulk update of DOI URLs will now possible.
- My DOIs will be udpated to support bulk updates.
The ANDS DOI Cite My Data documentation will be updated to reflect these changes.
Research Vocabularies Australia (RVA)
- Addition of ‘global’ IRI mapping service/API to RVA. Details of the service can be found in the Research Vocabularies Australia documentation
Installation of this upgrade:
- update the ANDS-Registry-Core codebase (either fetch latest tarball or git fetch && git rebase origin/master)
composer dump-autoload --optimize
- Run database script dbs_registry_r20_to_r21_incr.sql
- Run database script dbs_dois_r20_to_r21_incr.sql
- Update ElasticSearch doi_api mappings
For more information on Release 21 please refer to the Technical Updates page on the ANDS Website.